Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Bawj!

Today would have been my childhood best friend’s birthday.

She would have been 38.

Her death 21 years ago wrecked me. That was my first experience with true grief, heartbreak, and sorrow.

The lessons I learned since then have made me the resilient person I am today.

People often comment on the level of my ability to heal and be healed. I truly believe the experiences I went through with Libby taught me how.

Rarely does a day go by that I don’t think of her.

Love the people in your life, hold them close and live, laugh and embrace every day.

Also, Never pass up the opportunity to share a laugh and create an inside joke with your friends.

1 comment:

LBB said...

That made me sad. I had just moved to FC shortly before her accident so really didn't know Libby very well. However she made a big impression on me and I still think of her.....how are her parents?