Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Agreed to What?!

Last night after a full day of snowboarding/skiing with my friends James and Craig. After a drive home with them each napping on and off and me consuming more caffeine than I really should have.

I decided to drop into the Red Rocks Lounge to enjoy a cocktail with some friends. All day my friend JT had been razing me about my decision to run the half marathon in October of next year. He called me a “pansy ass” for taking a ski lift up a mountain and told me the only way to redeem myself was to run the full marathon.

Whatever.

Well, fast forward to last night. While sitting at the bar he informed me that if I run the full marathon and finish, my buddy Kirk, will dress up in a full tux, follow me around for an entire day and evening and bring me beers, cocktails and pretty much act as my man servant. To sweeten the deal, from now until October of 2010, Kirk has to do sit-ups every day and continue running himself so he looks as fantastic as possible in the tuxedo.

So really this is for the health and fitness of my friend than myself. Right?

“Alright, I’ll do it…BUT I added I want this all to start the day I fly home from San Fran and a limo picking me up at the airport…”

I wonder if Kirk knows any of this?

We shall see….

Oh yes, there is a small side note. This marathon is all on a lottery, if I do not get in the wager is null and void.

3 comments:

brownie said...

I told Kirk, via facebook, all of this today.

Vargasgirl said...

yeah, we had an an interesting conversation over text. I like how last night you presented it like he was in, and today I texted him and he was like "what?", "huh?", "wow". At least he is a good sport and agreed. By the way. The tab for this is on you, limo, tux AND cocktails. You dirty, bacon eating, bad influence hippy...

LBB said...

You should throw in your plane tix/from the event on his tab, as well....