Friday, December 11, 2009

Books of 2009

These are the books I read in 2009.

I love to see what books people have read.

Maybe it is my own compulsion with keeping lists.

Maybe it is because I like to see what other people are reading and have read.

Maybe it goes back to my childhood, where our local library gave prizes for the most books read in the summer months, the more books read equaled a better prize. Usually free passes to the local swimming pool.

Maybe it is just another of my quirks.

Regardless, here is my list of books I read in 2009:

Sex and Bacon: Why I love Things That Are Very Very Bad for Me – Sarah Katherine Lewis

Middlesex – Jeffry Eugenides

Twilight – Stephanie Meyer
New Moon - Stephanie Meyer
Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer
Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives – Michael Newton

Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert

Water for Elephants – Sara Gruen

Running with Scissors – Augusten Burroughs

Wishful Drinking – Carrie Fisher

Call of the Wild – Jack London

The Jane Austen Book Club – Karen Joy Fowler

The Glass Castle: A Memoir – Jeanette Walls

Marrying Mozart – Stephanie Cowell

My Antonia – Willa Cather

Devil in the White City: Murder Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America – Erik Larson

Loving Frank – Nancy Horan

Slow Fat Triathlete – Jayne Williams

Always Looking Up – Michael J Fox

Revolutionary Road – Richard Yates

Perfection – Julie Merz

The Climb – Anatoli Boukreev

Lost – Joy Fielding

H.L. and Lyda – Margaret Hunt Hill

The River Killings - Merry Jones

Finally,
The book I am currently reading ever night before bed, and will continue into the new year.

No comments: