Thursday, August 20, 2009

Breaking Up

Dear Sugar,

We have had a long term affair going on as you know, over 35 years to be exact. I am proud to say I am ready to let you go and move on.

When I was younger, it was a secret affair, my parents tried to keep you away from me as much as possible, but I snuck you in sodas and candy bars and holidays. You know, I always let you in when my mom and dad weren’t watching. As I became an adult you were with me everyday. . I will not even tell you what my dentist warned me about you all these years. It isn’t very nice. In the past few years I have seen your intentions have not been healthy for me and I still managed to make excuses for my love of you.

It is now time for me to say good-bye. In the past nine days, over our trial separation, I have come to realize how much my life is better without you, I have lost weight, my athletic performance has improved and I am now enjoying the craving free days that follow.

I know you will find someone else, in fact there are many people I know that have told me they have the same love affair with you, so I know losing me won’t hurt you too much.

You are the sweetest thing I know, but I am ready to live life less sweet.

-Vargasgirl

3 comments:

Sonal Modisette said...

impressive. I really don't eat *a lot* of processed sugar - but I need my occasional one night stand - I miss that candy coated shell (m&m almonds are the best :)

Sweaty Betty said...

Hooray for cleansing! Down to sugar and refined grains! I'm proud of you for hanging in there even when you were ready to snarf a bacon double cheeseburger!

Vargasgirl said...

Thank you! As much as I cursed you miss Sweaty, I appreciate you bringing me into this cleanse. At one point I totally would have eaten a bacon cheeseburger and the hand that was holding it had I the opportunity, and that says a lot!