Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekend in Steamboat

What do you get when you mix three friends, wine, good food, shopping and a hot springs under a full moon?

A fantastic weekend!

My best friend from high school (Nuclear Mom) left her husband in charge of child duties and jumped on a plane from Washington. I don’t know who to be more grateful too, her for doing it or her amazing husband that said three months ago, “you should go, we’ll be fiiine, really, go”. (What a great guy!)

My other girlfriend from college drove up from Denver and met us on Saturday. By the time she had arrived, NM and I had scoped out the best shoe stores, spied a couple of new restaurants we were thinking of trying and found who had the best wine list for mid-day refreshments.

Bonus for us in the evening, it was a full moon for our adventure to Strawberry Park. One of my favorite hot springs nestled in the mountains away from light pollution and near my old house when I lived in Steamboat another lifetime ago. We sat in the water, sipped our ‘juice boxes’ and girl talked. Figured out all of life’s mysteries and quickly forgot them as the fog rolled off the water.

Life happens and friendships ebb and flow. It is weekends like this that makes me grateful to have such amazing girl friends in my life.

And a REALLY cute new pair of shoes!!! Or two…

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Wonderful post! It made me smile!

I really had a great time! And love my new shoes! (And earrings, and ring, and jacket...)