Friday, August 8, 2008

So Sad


I have thought of many different ways to write this post, but I figured others said it better than me.

Bottom line, two more cyclists were killed this week in Colorado Springs, by a person abusing drugs none-the-less. I am angry, sad, and full of mixed emotions. I was an acquaintance of EJ and knew of Jayson.

Last night was a very emotional memorial bike ride from Wooglins Deli to the crime scene on 26th street. It was amazing to see how many people came out in the rain to ride for these guys, how the police gave help by blocking traffic and offering support.

Over 100 people showed up for the ride and even more were waiting with at the crime scene. The cycling community in the Springs is a very tight one, and to lose two lives in such a senseless manner is emotionally shattering.

My heart aches.

Details can be read here, and some other friends have written blogs here and here.

There are so many things I can write about, the survivalists, the senseless-ness, the almosts...I think I’ll leave this post here.

No comments: