Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Washington Adventures in Friendship, Wine and Children

Some of my favorite Quotes: “There is nothing like being loved by a child” also “The best place in the world is right beside a friend”



My trip to Washington to visit Nuclear Mom, was exactly what I needed for my soul. I am ever so thankful for not only the wonderful vacation, but also getting to spend time with and develop a relationship with her children. She and her husband truly have a beautiful family and I am lucky to be loved by them.


I also got to learn to make Lefse. A Scandinavian dessert that my grandmother used to make and I regretted never learning to make it before she passed away. When NM mentioned to me that she had learned to make this from her in-laws I jumped all over the opportunity for her to teach me to make it…NM wrote a great blog about it here.
Here is proof of us rolling out our Lefse...YUM!

Also I can’t forget all the delicious wine we were able to drink, sample and of course I had to buy some for my wine cellar. (In actuality it is some wine in cardboard boxes in my basement, but ‘Wine Cellar” sounds better).





On my last day of my stay I told Leif and Skadi I had a wonderful time visiting. I asked the kids if I could come back again for another visit.

“Sure” Leif replied.


YES! I will be back!!! I miss my “Morning Monkeys” already!!!

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

We had a great time!! The kids are still asking where you went.