Monday, October 20, 2008

Girlfriends Get-A-Way

This weekend I got the opportunity to reconnect with some old girlfriends. These are girls I have not seen since I was 18 years old, *ahem* eighteen or so years ago. LL, AGM and I decided to meet up in Keystone, thanks to LL arranging a condo rental.

It was fun to get together and catch up. Unfortunately I was too busy talking, eating, and drinking to take any pictures. I am kicking myself now.

It is so fun to see and listen to the stories our lives have taken us all. None of us got too far away, but far enough from our hometown to create our new lives with the tools we all received during the times we spent together last. We have discovered selves that are not defined by the high school we went to, the clothes we wore, the neighborhood we lived in or the people we hung out with. We are now the people we decided to become. What an amazing thing.

I have always been a believer that we make impacts on everyone’s lives we touch, and many times we never learn, or even know for that matter the impact we made.

I am lucky that I have the most amazing friends in my life, both from my childhood, and all through my adulthood so far.

As for my impact on my friends? My claim to fame I learned this weekend, Sautéed Honey Nut Cheerios. The legend lives on. Who would have guessed an afternoon culinary experiment in my parents kitchen when I was 12 years old would be the thing that another girlfriend remembers most, and now serve to their children. AWESOME!!!

Time to fry up some Cheerios...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right, we have now become the people we decided to become through the experiences we had so long ago. I love that. I also know that we are still "un-finished projects" and can't wait to see what the next 18 years brings. (Hmmm...ocean sailing? finding a way to make a living trekking through strange lands? even true, straight-forward bliss and happiness?)
There are so many things to be grateful for these days,my friend. I count you as one of my many blessings. Oh, and the Honey Nut Cheerios...
Luv Ya