Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mi Hermano

Here is my brother, aka: Todd, The other T, and sometimes we refer to each other as our twin.

Even though there is a 4 year, one week and one day age difference, (I’m older) he is definitely the more mature one. You can tell here with his family. His wife Susan, and his beautiful daughters Natalie and Hailey. I know I am biased since I am their aunt but I think they are two of the most amazing short people I have ever met. Of course next to my nephews Colton and Wyatt…

Natalie is the oldest and practically the splitting image of me. She has my personality to a T. Notice how she is pushing away from her parents in this picture? She has some adventuring to do and this photograph is taking too much of her time. My brother agrees there are times he sees her do something that he swears it is his sister in smaller from. Hailey is the miniature version of her mother Susan. Hailey is determined to do anything her older sister does and is constantly observing and taking in everything around her.

This past weekend I got to spend time with my nieces at my sisters wedding. We had a fabulous time and there was many crack up moments, like ‘they’ say, kids do tend to say the darndest things.

When I first pulled up to the hotel in Estes Park, I passed my brother and his family in their car. I was told later that Natalie saw my car and announced “there goes Aunt T, she is going to her hotel room to get all fancy”. On the day we left after I gave both girls hugs and kisses good bye, as I walked away to my car, Natalie announced that I had to leave, I was going to Australia. Boy don’t I wish!

Hailey on the other hand is more of the quiet type. She doesn’t talk much but observes everything. During our visit, she developed a small crush on E. When we left on Saturday she stood at the hotel front door and pressed her face against the glass saying “goodbye E”…

Like an old friend once told me… “there is no greater feeling in the world than be loved by a child”

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Ok seriously wow. Natalie LOOKS a lot like you! Amazing.

But I see that little inkling in Hailey's eye. She looks like she just could be a handful... like she is maybe lying in wait to spring it?