Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High School Flashback


Since NM posted this on her blog months ago...I did a little cropping and finally decided to show the world what I looked like in High School. Fort Collins High School Boosters Dance circa 1989.




There are SO many funny parts of this picture.

--Ah, the dresses. In attempting to be unique and inspired by John Hughes films, both NM and I altered our dressed to make sure they had that special touch of individuality and show proof how creative we were. I asked a friend to make me my hat. It matched the cumberbunt of the dress I designed, and sewed. Can anyone say Pretty in Pink? We were Pretty in Black and looking back, more cheesy than cool. Oh well, coolness was never my forte.



--The hair. Yes, my bangs were down to my chin and straight normally, for this dance I spent HOURS curling the poorly bleached, orange strands of hair to sit just right on my head and around my green satin beret type hat. NM, had amazing long and naturally red hair. I was the one that couldn't put the dye bottle down.


--The cheesy grin. I think I had that grin because I couldn’t breath. Remember, I made my cumberbunt and I wasn’t too good about sizing it. I remember holding my breath most of the night.



--Did I really admit, not once, but twice I wore a cumberbunt? Hey…it was the 80’s what can I say? At least I was over my turquoise mascara phase by this time...

(NM—back atcha, I told ya I would post it :) -- eventually)

3 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

I love it!!

I was always so jealous of your hair. Ok, I still am. Really am right now as my hair returns to scraggly post-pregnancy and a year of nursing.

We were so much more cool than Molly Ringwold.

LBB said...

OMG--that makes me laugh!

Happy Sock said...

Now THAT is some awesome hair. Is that "Don't you forget about me" playing in the background? LOL