Friday, March 28, 2008

Lynette Knackstedt



I learned today that Lynette Knackstedt passed away Dec. 7, 2007. I was surfing youtube videos for old Skankin’ Pickle videos and came across a comment that said “RIP Lynette”. I was surprised by this and continued to do a google search where I learned that she had indeed passed away. The details aren't clear except that she passed away in her current bands recording space. She was 37 years old.

Lynette was the guitarist and back-up vocalist for the band Skankin' Pickle, and then went on to perform in 78 RPM.

I consider myself lucky that at one point in my life I could call Lynette a friend. Over the past 10 years our communication faded. Unfortunately this tends to happen when people move, bands break-up, relationships break-up and addresses and phone numbers change. Even so Lynette was one of those people who you never forgot. She had a way of making everyone around her laugh and want to spend time with her. She truly was a great lady. My life is richer knowing I got to share laughs with such an amazing person.

I don’t know what else to say. I have typed and erased a million different things, all I am left with is the world lost an amazing person, musician, and friend oh too soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was a huge skankin pickle fan in the early 90's. still have and listen to the skafunkrastpunk cd i bought at one of their shows. truly they were the best live band. when i moved to colorado springs in '95 i never met another fan. seems we are a rare breed here.

Shelly said...

I was also a fan of Skankin Pickle and lived in Colorado Springs. I've been to 4 shows in Colorado. I actually just recently heard about Lynette's passing and I was really sad. Although I never got to "officially" meet her, I always felt like we connected in some strange way when I watched her up there.

Unknown said...

hey dudes,

I'm too a skankin fan, inspite of never seen then live just from youtube I like them a lot

I'm from Brazil living in Toronto, had a ska band, yep following skankin pickle influences...

sad to know about her...

greetings and long life to the trully ska core fun punk !

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Vargasgirl said...

Thank you Anonymous!