Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tanya Update

It’s almost like I had a birthday and fell off the face of the earth…

I didn’t

Instead I have been playing and working a lot.

Playing in little forgotten, small ski resorts:



Like Ski Cooper. Outside of Leadville, Co. Where you can still buy a lift ticket at the local Safeway for $30 and ski all day making fresh tracks in powder until the last lift stops and you are unlucky enough to have to walk 15 feet from the base of the mountain to your car. E was lucky and had enough momentum to coast on his board to the car door. Showoff! Although I was able to display my snowboard/sledding skills in the parking lot, most people forget snowboards make great sleds.

Becoming an Official Jack Quinn’s Runner:




Last Tuesday I became an official member and was “shirted”—Ignore the bad picture and the weird spot on my cheek… That is a camera error of some sort. The twisted hair band…that is a Tanya error of some sort.

Spring has been teasing us here in Southern Colorado and the past couple weekends I have been back up hiking the incline trail and riding my beloved road bike. On one particular road bike ride E and I stopped in too see our friend John at Bicycle Experience and I ordered my new mountain bike.

I really wanted the woman’s version of this bike, and was sold on it until I test road it and finally came to the acceptance that I am not built like most woman, at least in the eyes of bicycle manufactures. I have long torso and short legs for my height, versus the stereotype that all women have long legs and shorter torsos.


Speaking of Bikes…I am working on the plans to ride in my first RAGBRAI this year. I am also recruiting any friends that would like to join our team. The bigger the team the more likely we are to get in. Yup, I plan to ride my bike across the state of Iowa in July with 10,000 of my closest friends. Wanna come?

This weekend I also learned an important lesson. I not able to drink like the rockstar I used to be any longer. At least I was a rockstar in my own mind. E and I went out with Matt and Jess for some sushi, sake, car bombs and then to see the Supersoakers and the Railbenders at the Black Sheep. Unfortunately the Sushi, Sake and other drinks did not mix well and I tested my bathroom floor as my bed that night. Not such a good idea. Needless to say didn’t feel so hot the next day. Note to self: Don’t do that again.

6 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

I love your bike!

I need a bike so bad, but am having a horrible time deciding what kind of bike I want. Oh and having a horrible time justifying the cost. Once Leif gets decent on his bike and I can no longer run beside him effectively it will happen!

Nuclear Mom said...

Deleted comment was mine... my comment double posted for some reason.

Vargasgirl said...

You should get a cruiser!!! I probably ride my cruiser at least three times a week around town, talk about a great workout, you aren't expected to ride fast, plus you can carry stuff in the basket! (you HAVE to have a basket on a cruiser--it's the rules) I think it would be the perfect bike for you for chasing Leif and Skadi.
Plus you can pick up a cruiser for cheap!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the link to my name - yes I really am Sweaty Betty to a t (you should see me in hot yoga!). FYI on Saturday night, after her first yark in the parking lot of the Black Sheep, Tanya promptly inhaled a cheese quesadilla in my backseat. E did an excellent job making fun of said inhalation, and since I was stuffing my face with soft tact at the time I had a mighty choking incident. Note to all - when you cough and laugh that hard, the ab workout will last you several days.

Nuclear Mom said...

I have thought about that (getting a cruiser)... but I also have dreams of doing a triathlon someday... so there's my toss up.

Then again a cruiser isn't that expensive, right? Not like a good road bike...

LBB said...

I hear you (on the drinking)!--something about turning 36 (okay, maybe 35) has caused a correlation between my alcohol consumption and the amount of time I spend on the bathroom floor later on in the night. We will be up in Steamboat in a few weeks. If you aren't too busy up in Leadville, maybe we'll see you for the day??