Friday, March 21, 2008

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Since submitting my waiver, payment, and officially joining a team for RAGBRAI this week, I have been obsessed with what I will need to bring for 7 days of road bike riding and camping. All in one bag weighing less the 40 pounds. Nevermind, we won't learn until May if our team got in the lottery this year.

I maybe 4 months premature, but the thought of forgetting something haunts me..I do this in preparation of adventure trips. Thinking back to my trekking trip in Peru, I think I started the same process about the same amount of time before hand. (OCD? ME? na...) my list of what to bring is curretnly 4 pages long...

I know I'll need a huge ass duffel bag and multiple pairs of cycling shorts with ''bug cush'' chamois' and ultra comfy clothes for when I am not on the bike. It is the things I am not used to like camping with over 90 percent humidity in the air and 90+ degree days. We don't know humidity in Colorado. Lucky for me my childhood was filled with quite a few summers in Iowa, so I feel I have a slight advantage of knowing what to expect, although, the hot sticky nights, maybe I don't remember how hot and how sticky they were. How do I prepare for that? I wonder if a battery operated fan will fit in planned big ass duffel? At least I have time to think, plan, make my list, and most importantly ride my bike...

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Yay! Good for you!

AB and I could not pack for something like that. You know us, we bring the kitchen sink wherever we go.