Monday, November 12, 2007

Wait One Cotton Pickin’…

When I got my new office, I decided I needed a plant to cheer it up some. You an only do so much with boring beige walls and generic office furniture.

Then we went to Texas. I was amazed with the cotton growing, EVERYWHERE. At one point in driving in the middle of nowhere Texas, somewhere in Western Texas where there is nothing but windmills and cotton fields, I pulled over the van and jumped out to grab some cotton. I jumped out of the van grabbed a pod of cotton and ran back to the van. For the at least the next hour I was obsessed with this cotton, I was rubbing in my left hand while my right hand held the steering wheel. If you have ever driven through western Texas you know that any distraction is very welcomed. Half jokingly, while fondling my cotton and the seeds in the soft cotton balls, I said “I wonder if I can grow cotton? Maybe that will be my office plant…”

Fast forward to walking into work this morning. This is what greeted me as I opened my office door. I have a cotton sprout!!! (day 11 since planting) and another sprout is threatening to pop up soon :)







1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

I love it! So cool!

Leif's class planted pumpkin seeds in cups last week and his teacher came over to show me the other day that his was the only one that had sprouted! I told her it was in his genes.

(Then she asked if I thought they might yield pumpkins... umm not this time of year and in styrofoam cups.)