Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sasha


After my last doggy passed away almost 5 years ago I have been asked numerouse times when I would be getting another dog. My response has always been “when the time is right, or the right dog finds me”

Yesterday that exact thing happened. Sasha came to work with the Humane Society for our annual charity campaign and last night she went home with me.

She is a 6 month old Bernese Mountain Dog mixed with either a Golden Retriever or Australian Shepard. Time will tell. Right now she is thin bodied, with strong legs and a long tail that makes me wonder/hope she grows into it. Tomorrow we have our first vet visit so many he can tell us more. She came with the name Sasha, she was as stray picked up on Halloween night. The date Isabella’s birthday (as best as we can figure). As for how are they getting along? Well let’s just say Bella is hiding and Sasha is VERY curious. There have been some hisses and kisses. I predict by this time next week they will be buddies. Until then there will be more hissy fits. I am sure!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I hate when people buy animals, when there are perfectly good ones looking for homes out there. Bravo to you! Those Burmese are real friendly -- Should be a blast to take camping this summer!

-Carl

Happy Sock said...

She's AWESOME! Can't wait to bring Simon over for a play date!

Nuclear Mom said...

AWWW! She is adorable! I love Bernese Mountain Dogs. She is perfect.

Now I need to convince Hans of my need for a cat... (I can't let him see your blog, he will be vying for another dog!)

Anonymous said...

MOG!! Sasha's AWESOME!!!Cannot wait to meet her!! And to see you(of course)!

Love ya!!
The AB