Monday, November 12, 2007

Pikes Peak Incline Pup



This weekend Sasha had her first taste of the Pikes Peak Incline and Barr Trail, one of my personal favorite workouts.

She made it to the halfway point pretty strong, she stumbled a few times and over one obstacle I had to pick her up since she couldn’t figure out how to get over the large, rusted, drainage pipe. Knowing that the half-way cutover to Barr trail was the only way to get off the incline without going the remaining half mile straight up the mountain, we took the detour. I had images of being required to carry a 35 pound puppy the 7 miles down barr trail. Yeah, that didn’t sound like fun.

Sasha did great on Barr trail, she was off leash most of the time and came running right back to me when I whistled and called her name. Only one time did she run along with a runner that past us. She loves to run with people, this is one of her bad habits we are working on, not everyone loves to have her as a running buddy. I am taking this as a not-so-subtle hint I need to start running again, that and the fact she loves her early mornings (she is ulta hyper at 6 am—Me? notsomuch) and we, or I should say I have been forced up and on many early morning walks/jogs since last Thursday.

By the time we got back to the trailhead and Sasha in the car, she was fast asleep before we even got off of Ruxton Avenue in Manitou Springs. YES! Mission accomplished, One tuckered out pooch.

3 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Oh my gawd you are going to have a small RV for a dog/......

Happy Sock said...

Ah, a 35 lb. lap dog who likes to run....

Have fun with that! lol

Happy Sock said...

Ah, a 35 lb. lap dog who likes to run....

Have fun with that! lol