Sunday, July 5, 2009

True Confessions


Okay, here we go:
True confession.
I love watching the Tour De France. When E and I were dating he got me addicted. I used to joke I was excited to met a guy that didn’t care about football, but come July he was glued to my TV since I had cable and he didn’t. I joked he was obsessed. In all honesty, I was getting hooked and looked forward to each stage. Last year while riding on RAGBRAI there was one evening I remember, riding into a small town we rode into that only had one bar and one public television. I caught myself looking through the window while standing on my tiptoes on the sidewalk to see a glimpse of what I missed while I was riding my bike. There was no chance of getting inside. So instead of finding food that night, I sat on the sidewalk and called home for Tour updates. Sad, I knew then I was hooked.

I personally have never cared much for football, the Superbowl, World Series, world cup etc (with the exception of The Stanley cup--don’t mess with Hockey)…But the Tour…Well, ya. I am finding myself glued to Versus and wondering who will win the next stage? Who will get busted for doping this year? I am to a huge Lance Armstrong fan, I know, sue me. However; I am amazed that he is riding the tour now and still plans to ride (and according to him, win) The Leadville 100 mountain bike race next month.. I go to sea level for a week and get my ass handed to me while riding with JJS in Steamboat the next weekend. I can not even imagine. Then again that is why I am paid for my brain and not my brawn.

But I still love watching the tour and second confession, I think Bob Roll is cute. I watch the commentary because of him. He cracks me up in a silly kinda way.
Enough confessions for one evening.

2 comments:

brownie said...

Lance is gonna get his ass handed to him in Leadville!

LBB said...

John got me hooked on the Tour years ago--even before living in Austin (where you can't avoid LA anywhere). We even went to France to cheer Lance on to his 5th victory in 2003. This year should be interesting with Lancy-pants trying to take poor Contador's place as team leader......