Wednesday, February 13, 2008

36

Yesterday at precisely 9:46 pm I turned 36 Years old.
This is the first age I have hit that felt weird. This is the first age I remember my mom being, and in my head I kept her at 36 for years to follow. Last month when Nuclear mom typed about her 36th birthday and mentioned this is the age her mom was when we graduated from High school it really hit me. WOW, she had it so together back then, now I am that age. How bizarre is that?

I love my birthday, always have and think it is the best holiday in February. Even though it is closely followed by one of the most ridiculous holidays ever, although any holiday that you can eat chocolate isn’t so bad either.

To celebrate I had the best day EVER!
I left work early, ran errands, had my favorite “bad for you” lunch, went for a manicure/pedicure, a massage, relaxed and read a book. In the evening E and his parents took me out to a wonderful dinner, gave me amazing gifts. Scattered throughout the day I got many phone calls, emails, cards and messages from family and friends wishing me well. I couldn’t have dreamt of a better day. Unless somehow you add snowboarding into this day, but that didn’t happen this year. I will do that this weekend…

5 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Yay! Glad you had a good day.

Yes, 36 hit me differently than other ages for some reason. Then my turd of a husband keeps mentioning how close 4-0 is. Meany. That one just might send me careening over the edge.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I'm shitty for forgetting that you told me your b-day was coming up... Promise to repay said shittiness by purchasing many a car bomb in celebration. You and E pick the day and Simmons and I will be there!

LBB said...

hey birthday twin! Thanks for the message and email! Did you get mine back? I had a wonderful day too--after all of the snow we've been having (record amounts, by the way), we had a nice 40 degree day with blue skies. I also had mani/pedi, went shopping (or what passes for it in UT), hit the gym and then went out to dinner with John (the inlaws were in town and watched Brooke). Are we old or what?? Next year, I am asking for Juvaderm injections for my present! :) Anyway, happy Valentine's day (we get shafted on this day, don't we?) & have a great long weekend (we are off to Moab, I think). Big hugs, L

Two Wheeled World said...

I would say happy birthday, but it seems like everyone else has already. So forGET IT.


Was that mean?

Outdoorgirl said...

Happy Birthday!