Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fruitcake Toss

What does one do with all that fruitcake after Christmas?

As a child I had a theory that there were only a few fruitcakes in the world and they were re-gifted year after year after year.

This theory was crushed when I saw my father actually EAT a fruitcake. I thought, "Well now there is one less. They will soon be extinct."

In Manitou Springs, for the past 15 years, we Southern Coloradoans know EXACTLY what to do with fruitcake.

TOSS IT!



See this man's form? He is winding up. Fruitcake tossing takes serious skill.


"My Daddy is tossing A Fruitcake"


The announcer. Who entertained us with tales of his fruitcake museum, tips of what to do with fruitcake and other life lessons. Such as, do not leave the dogs alone with the Fruitcake Museum, for they may eat it.

Did you know fruitcake was the first post-it note?
Can be used as an emergency sand-bag?
Used in place of bricks?
These are just a few tid-bits we were taught while we were spectating.

This is the man that won the Men's "Hand-Toss" division.

Holy far throw, Batman!!!
Someone check out that man's arm!

okay, it may be hard to see, but there is a circle with an arrow wayyyyy back in the picture. See it? (I need to work on my editing skills)

It got a little strange when my friend Jess asked for a photo with a fruitcake.

Then she touched his nuts.

Awkward

Next was the Heavy Equipment round.

There were Canon's, Catapults, Sling Shots, Bows, and




a gun.

The one that impressed me.

A gun, that literally shot the fruitcake THROUGH a door.
I am not kidding.

Now I am not a big fan of firearms, but that was fascinating. You could literally kill someone with that thing.

Death by Fruitcake.

Ponder that

The Bow had an amazing launch.

It was made out of skis



The ingenuity was amazing. Human power was necessary set up to fill the air compressors in order to shoot the canon and the gun. For the canon, a man rode this stationary bicycle. For the gun, three people with bike pumps pumped air into a compressor.



Now, you know exactly what to do with fruitcake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's my brother, nephew and sister-in-law on the gun. Wish I could have been there!