Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It dawned on me last night…

Amy is getting married in 25 days.

I have had many, many, friends get married, in fact I have an awesome collection of bridesmaid dresses. Amy, has been my singleness partner in crime for the good part of a decade. For her to take the plunge…wow! It is almost enough to take my breath away.
I can only imagine what butterflies are growing in her abdomen about now.

We were on the phone and as I was talking to her and asking her advice for my first triathlon –quickly approaching-- (she is after all an ‘Iron-wo-man’—who better to get training advice from?). She was telling me about her dress, bridesmaid dresses, colors of flowers etc. I started laughing and told her we have done a complete role reversal.

I am usually the girly girl, talking about shoes, clothes, cosmetics and the next social event while she told me the benefits of products such as “Body Glide” and “Swimmers Ear”, and talking of transition times etc…

Now we both have butterflies. Talk about stepping out of comfort zones…

The event that Amy is getting married is HUGE. Consider yourself warned world. The end of an era is coming soon…Not to mention what this will do the midgets, err I mean “short people” of the world’s self esteems.

More to come …

No comments: