Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Geeks Who Drink

While sitting at home on Monday night settling in on my couch with a beer and the Stanley Cup game #5 on TV I was ready to watch some hockey and have a mellow personal night. Then my friend (I’ll call her B) called me up and suggested I meet her downtown for beer and trivia. Her husband is the quizmaster for Geeks Who Drink and every Monday they meet at a local Irish pub here in town.

Not only did we have a blast playing trivia, Nigel the bartender complied and changed the channel on the TV from baseball to hockey. Who wouldn’t have the Stanley Cup finals game on?!?! Oh yeah, I was in an Irish Pub…Nevermind.



Our team, “Not Listening”, maintained the lead throughout the night until the final round. Even though we answered more correctly than the two teams that beat us, we used our joker card early in the game and that was our detrimental downfall. I would like to add though, even though we took third place (only by 8 points) we lost to teams comprised of 5 or more people. So by my math and logic (which often makes no sense to anyone but myself, but that is all that matters), it took 10 people to be as smart or just a couple questions smarter than B and Me. Therefore, B and I are MUCH smarter than all those other people.

And to top off the night, the Red Wings were defeated in double overtime. The series continues…Extending the Hockey Season at least one more game. YAY!!!

No comments: