Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Dogs Smarter...

No, not really, I just wanted to say that..


This week Sasha not only completed her first night at "doggy school", which I am sad to say she was not the best behaved in class. But today was her first day at Doggie Daycare. I have to admit I spent more of my day watching her on the webcam , than actually working.


Dropping her off at school this morning was heart breaking. She recognized where we were since her school was in the same building last night, but when the nice lady opened the door to go to the playroom, Sasha got terribly scared. Her ears folded back and she kept trying to back-up to escape. All she could see was a hallway and hear dogs barking. I am guessing it reminded her of the humane society where I rescued her from. My only guess is she thought she was going back to the pound since she was less than a good student the night before. I walked in with her to go to a kennel that lead into the play area. From that kennel she was able to see dogs were not in cages and sad, but romping and playing and having a great time. There was a Saint Bernard in the kennel next to hers, he appeared to be happy to see a new friend come to school. After placing her in the kennel, I left and came to work. Of course the first thing I did was to pull up the webcam, where not only did I see her friend Oliver had come to school also that day, but she had made multiple friends and was running around like the wild pup that she is.

Update: I picked up Sasha from Daycare last night and she was awake long enough when we got home to eat dinner and that was about it. I have never seen my puppy so exhausted. What a great investment! We will definalty be going back to day care next week...

2 comments:

Happy Sock said...

I used to take Simon to doggy day care all the time, and he was the same way when he came home...tired and happy! You still need to bring Sasha over for a play date!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.