Monday, January 28, 2008

Hello, Lover…


About a year ago I became familiar with a Colorado Snowboard company named VENTURE Snowboards. There are a few Colorado based ski and snowboard companies but none like this one. All the other companies outsource some part of their operations overseas. Not Venture. They are designed, built, created and tested in Colorado, Southern Colorado to be specific, Silverton Colorado to be more specific. Even the wood that is used is grown in Colorado. Being fiercely proud of my Colorado heritage, this made me really like this company. I fell in love with the company when I learned how environmentally conscious they were, they run their entire operation off wind energy, recycle everything they can, avoid toxic chemicals unless absolutely necessary, only use soy based inks in their graphics, which they keep to a minimum. Even the top of the board is petex coated hemp. Ventures philosophy was to create quality over quantity, and in an environmentally friendly manner. By doing this they only create ~300 boards a year and the price tag can be a little more steep than the mass produced competition. This is why I have admired these boards from a far. Until now…
This weekend while strolling through Salida, E and I went into a local bicycle and snowboard shop. There she was, my size, last years model and on sale. A really great sale.
Saturday was my inaugural ride on my new Venture Zephyr Snowboard. All I can say is I am really, really in love now…

2 comments:

Two Wheeled World said...

E will be upset. I wouldn't tell him how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!