Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Women Build Day



This past weekend I was able to participate and volunteer on a Habitat for Humanity
house in connection with “Women Build Day” with a few of my mates; Jessica, Stacee,and Jules.



My alter ego for the day was “Construction Barbie”. Complete with barbie belt, pink shoes, pink glasses and pink water bottle.

It was a successful day and we got the house completely wrapped in blueboard insulation. Jules and I did the back wall of the house. We didn’t realize when we picked this wall it would be the toughest with the angled eves. Being the daughter of an architect that loves strange angles, I welcomed the challenge. I had to dig deep into my high school geometry lessons, but the end product came out good and all were impressed.


At the end of it all, we had to sign our work.


As a public servant Jules took the opportunity for a little campaigning.

No comments: