Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ragbrai Day 1 Report

Setting: Harlan, Iowa
Time: 8pm
Miles ridden today to get here: 58
Temp: Much better now that I am sitting in an air conditioned trailer stalling around on a computer taking advantage of free internet access (did I mention Air conditioning?)
Plan for tomorrow: wake up, pack up camp and be on the bike before 5 am for minimum 87 mile day. Seriously considering doing the century loop.
Status of my bum: Not too bad...yet
Beers waiting to be consumed tonight: a few

Over all the experience has proved to be everything I hoped. Before arriving in Iowa my biggest fear was the heat and humidity. Now I am learning my biggest challenge over the next 6 days will be nutrition. Iowa still has yet to really grasp the concept of vegetarian cuisine.

Okay, my computer time is up. Hopefully I will get to update again later

3 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

I have beeen thinking about you!!

Two Wheeled World said...

Dude. Steak and bikes go REALLY well together. Try it out! E and I were talking about Iowa in July as we we were sitting on the deck up in Winter Park with long sleeves on at 10:30pm when it was 63 deg outside...
Go riiiide!

procrastinatingmind said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!