Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Week in Movies

I have always loved movies. This is a passion my mother and I share.
For her birthday this week we went to see Amelia. A fantastic movie about one of my favorite historical heroins.
The ending was no surprise, but interesting enough, just a couple of weeks ago I read an article that they may have recently discovered her final resting spot. Read it here.

Thursday evening, my friend Tina and I stayed up way past our bedtimes, agreeing to cancel our next day 5 am gym appointments and went to see one of the first showings of New Moon. The second in the Twilight saga. I admit, I have a school girl crush on Edward and the Twilight books were a small addiction to me. If you have not read them, don't start unless you have a couple weeks to devote to doing nothing but reading, because that is all you will do.

Finally, Friday afternoon, Liz and I went to see the french movie Coco Avant Chanel; or in English, Coco Before Chanel. Being a lifelong Chanel fan, I loved this movie. It had great insight into the world and mind of Gabrielle, aka Coco and her life as a young girl and designer. It left me with the question, I wonder what she would think of her designs today? She liked simple, classic lines and styles with not a lot of 'fluff'.

No comments: