Monday, November 24, 2008

It’s my food! GO AWAY!!!

Okay, this is the week of venting my peeves. I do not understand why people seem to feel the need to make comments about what other people eat. I think I must be the only vegetarian in my entire office. I don’t walk around while people eat their hamburgers and say things like “ewwwww”, or “Why would you eat THAT?!” For some reason though, people seem to feel the need to comment on my food. I can almost understand it when I am reheating a tofu dish or spinach soufflé. Today though, I don’t understand. I forgot my lunch so I went to the cafeteria, made a spinach salad and a cheese sandwich. In my opinion, these are very basic lunch type foods, it is not like I made some exotic lunch that would cause curiosity lookers.
I had no less than three different people stop by my office and make some sort of comment about something I was eating.
I don’t get it! Why do I have to work with the food police? I will bet most of those people have magnets on their cars…

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Huh? Sounds like a normal and yummy lunch to non-vegetarian me. I often order a grilled cheese from our onsite lunch place. It comes with my choice of salad too. Normal lunch.

Happy Sock said...

Well, you're not a "vaginatarian"...so what's the big deal?

LOL