Friday, May 2, 2008

CHROME--Customer Service Rave

For my previous rant on customer service I find it only fare to give credit where credit is due. My newest favorite company, Chrome based out of San Francisco. They make some of the coolest messenger bags, ever!!!

So let’s start with a small story. Most people know that follow my blog or know me personally know I have recently (in the past 6 months) been adopted by a Bernese Mtn Dog/ Australian Sheppard mix doggy. If you know anything about herding dogs, they need to be mentally and physically challenged all.the.time. She needs constant exercise and constant games and puzzles to keep her mind busy. If she does not get this she becomes naughty. Well one day she took her naughtiness out on my new Chrome messenger bag I got as a gift for Christmas. She decided to chew a strap and the stabilizer clip…Not to mention I had only used the bag less than half a dozen times. I was crushed. I decided to call Chrome and see if they would by chance send me a new strap and I could use my sewing skills to repair my bag. Not only did I get to talk to a customer service representative, I am pretty sure the man I spoke to is the owner or president of the company. Not only did he say they had extra straps and clips, but if I mailed the bag back to them, they would repair it. No cost to me.

I asked “Are you serious?—Free? I don’t have to pay for return shipping or anything?”

Chrome Guy (CG) replied: “nope, we’ll take care of you, it may take 10 business days but we’ll fix it”

I replied “Wow! That is awesome!!!”

I did have to wait about 14 business days to get my bag back, but it looks good as new and had some stickers in the box also. (Also, rumor has it the folks at Chrome LOVE dark chocolate, if you send them a note with a dark chocolate candy bar, they will thank you!)

If your ever in the market for a VERY cool messenger bag and want ot shop form a VERY cool company. I highly recommend Chrome

And just because I love it, I gotta show off my ultra-bright, awesome-tastic bag!!!

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Very cool! Kudos to Chrome!